9.22.2011

Owen Anderson Shunnarah

With the addition of O.A. in the coming week I will need to change the blog to "All about Edie and Owen".  Of course I am very excited to finally meet him - but I am also nervous of having a new itty bitty baby in the house.  I am confident that Edie will do well and she will be a great big sister to O.A. my nervousness comes from my ability to care for two babies.....my first love and our first son.  Can I do it?  I know it will not be easy but I know it will be rewarding for all of us. 

I have been working on Owen's room practically all summer it seems.  Picking the paint colors were easy.  I knew I wanted an all white and grey room with touches of blue.  So we chose a soft grey for the walls and a pale blue for the ceiling.  The initial plan was to only have blue on the ceiling and in the bedding and their not be any type of "theme".  I bought the sequin stars several years ago and held on to them for our next baby room.  Those multiplied into more stars and well I guess the room has a "star theme" with more shades of blue than I had anticipated, but it all works.

A few of my favorite pieces in the room is first the painting that Edie did.  I squirted the paint and Edie smeared it asking for more and more and more.  She LOVED painting this picture and the best part of it were the hand prints that she left.  I love how it turned out and I can not wait to make more of this type of art with both of my babies. 

My next favorite is the glider/rocker and ottoman.  This piece was given to me by my sister when Edie was born.  One of my talented neighbors paint and distressed it and another neighbor recovered the cushions in a grey linen and made the sweet pillow.  It turned out perfect and was a great baby gift from the two of them.  Another piece in the room that I thought turned out pretty darn cute is the light fixture.  I got the idea from a fixture I had found long ago but the colors would have never worked.  So I made my own using a painted fixture from Lowe's, hardware cloth and hand carved birds painted silver.

I think the room and all of it's pieces came together well.  It is a very soothing room and I hope Owen loves it.  Who am I kidding....he could care less, the most important part is that I love it!  I can not wait for our baby boy to get here and see it himself!

2 comments:

  1. the room looks sooo cute!!!!!... love all the stars!!!.. you'll be an awesome mommy to two... they are lucky babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful! You did an AMAZING job!

    ReplyDelete