11.08.2009

It's a Family Tradition

We have been going to Gatlinburg each year around this time for about 10-12 years. My mom and dad bought into a time share many moons ago and although they may have some regrets now {about the timeshare} we have shared so many great memories there. We used to hike in the mountains, eat a picnic lunch and not come back until dark. Then we progressed to short hikes and dinner out. Most recently we have moved to driving everywhere and eating most all meals out. My how things change.

In the beginning we were able to all go as a family too but as the years have past and our families have grown we can not all fit! Therefore with out really planning my family and Aunt Kelli's family have been rotating each year. It really has worked out well. I went with mom and dad when Kelli was busy with babies and pregnancy, Kelli's family went last year when Edie was still a baby and this year we went now that Kelli has another new baby.

We always have fun going into the mountains and visiting the local crafters. We always visit with one local potter {is that what you call it?} and buy a piece of pottery from him. Nan, Kelli and myself all have a collection. Collecting one piece at a time making it a fun tradition. I love family traditions and history - I can't wait for My family {Scott, Edie and her future brothers and sisters} to make our own too!!




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Love Edie mirroring the bear's pose! And her boots are too cute. :)

    ReplyDelete