8.03.2009

My Pretty New Dress


We were told by Nan a while back that Ms. Jackie had made Edie a beautiful smocked dress. However.........Nan never could remember to bring it with her when she would visit. So after a much overdue visit to Billingsley Edie finally received her beautiful handmade dress. I can not tell you how special this is to me (and Edie). It has a little red pomegranate vine pattern in the material and a smocked collar. The smocking detail is phenomenal. It has a heart shape border on the bottom and solid hearts in the center. To top it off it has handmade lace in a cream color. There is a word for this type of lace made by hand - but since I am not gifted with such sewing talents I have no idea what it is called. Edie is so fortunate to have such loving people such as Ms. Jackie in her life. We are as well. Anyone who knows me knows just how much I LOVE handmade treasures and this dress is nothing short of a treasure.

Ms. Jackie you, once again, have outdone your self. This will be a perfect dress for the fall and beyond! I love it and Edie looks so precious in it. Thank you so much! We love you! Edie sends you sloppy kisses!!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment