8.14.2009

COLORADO



Scott and I took a last minute trip to Colorado last week to visit a client of mine. We started off in Colorado Springs, CO at the world renowned Broadmoor Resort. I sold furniture to them a while back and due to some mistakes we had to visit the site to help with re-installing some products. Believe me - we were not disappointed in having to do this. It was actually a dream come true. Scott and I had a wonderful time while in Colorado Springs at the Broadmoor. Although we were not lucky enough to stay on site due to the resort being booked we were lucky enough to get a lot of one-on-one time with the staff and receive a personal tour of the hotel and grounds. During our visit we saw so many deer!! They were just running around like pets! Above is a photo Scott took with his phone. The largest rack I have ever seen in person for sure. It even still had fuzz on the horns. The resort was breath taking. i look forward to a return trip.

After we finished up at The Broadmoor we headed to Denver where we spent the remainder of the weekend. Scott's sweet cousin, Kelly, was kind enough to get us tickets to see the Rockies and Cubs game. The stadium was beautiful. the weather was perfect and the seats were great. We had a wonderful time at the game and all weekend for that matter. It was nice to really experience a state that I visit frequently but really never take the time to enjoy. I am so glad that Scott and I had this opportunity to be together and enjoy the weekend.

While we were away - I feel we were gone forever! Edie made some really great progress. She has become so strong with her standing and cruising around furniture. She stands very well at the fridge, sofa, ottoman, doors, hanging on our legs, etc. I am excited to see her having such confidence but with confidence comes bumps and bruises. We have experienced a lot of falls in the past few days. I want to protect her from everything - but I guess some things are to be expected and I am sure there are more to come. She has also started to open kitchen cabinets making it obvious that soon we will need to baby proof everything. I really think she will be walking soon. I can't wait and I can wait all at the same time!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you got to go together and spend a wonderful weekend. This is what memories are made of so keep making them.

    love, Nan

    ReplyDelete