8.10.2008

Where Does the Time Go?

I can not believe it has been so long since my last update!! Already 10 days into August! I have so much to tell you. I'll start from the week before last.........
1. Edie had her 6 month photos taken a few weeks ago by Fairy Tails and Fireflies. We should get the link to view them over the Internet sometime later this week and I can not wait! Edie did so well posing for Marcie. She did get a little fussy towards the end making it impossible for us to get any shots of her in her little white dress. I am kinda sorry for that - however I know there will be plenty to choose from. I think my favorites will be of her in a BIG red tutu and a little white one. She wore her cross necklace and looked like and Angel. We will give you the link once we receive it so you can see too!!
2. Friday we had our 6 month checkup to include 6 shots and 2 tubes of blood. Poor baby......and I mean me!! Edie did great, mommy is the one who did not do so good! To our surprise Edie had to have two tubes of blood drawn for a thyroid test. Scott played with her as they drew the blood and she never even made a peep until they were putting the band aid on. I could not even look! Children and adults with DS are prone to thyroid disease and have to be tested at birth, 6 mo, 9 mo, 12 mo and each year after. Our Dr. said it is very treatable if detected and so far so good. We received her results Saturday and they were negative. We will soon have her hearing and vision tested and we will head back to the cardiologist next month.
Edie is: 15lbs 8oz - 26 1/4" tall - 50th Percentile. Dr. Cortapassi said she was perfect!! And we concur!!
3. Over the weekend my friend Shannon and Alex Pool came over and swam at the pool. *Shannon is actually responsible for Scott and I meeting one another years ago* Alex and Edie did great together. They swam, slept and ate. Alex did get a hand full of Edie's hair once which scared me and Edie both. But Edie made a quick recovery and was back to playing in no time. Alex is exactly one month younger than Edie and is already sitting alone, holding her bottle and standing! She is a great little girl.
4. Saturday night we ate at our friends Vanessa and Jimmy Walters who has a 2 year old Andrew. Andrew will be having a birthday party next weekend. He will also be a big brother in about 5 more months. The Walters are expecting a baby girl. We had a good time hanging out, eating and watching the Olympic games. I always enjoy talking with Vanessa and getting her advise on life and mommy things.
5. Sunday (today) Scott kept Edie most of the day while I ran errands. We later went and ate a a new restaurant here in Helena. It was pretty good. We had fried pickles, the best chicken fingers ever and a big salad to counteract the fried foods! Yea right! We left there feeling really good about ourselves. But hey, we are starting our diets Monday. Again.......

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the update michelle! seeing that sweet baby of yours always makes me smile. she has the prettiest skin i've ever seen. both of mine have bouts of excema now and then, so it's hard to buy those fablously scented lotions. Can't wait to see the tutu pics... hurry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle,
    Hope this isn't too weird. This is Matt Reed from the `94 China trip. The Olympics got me interested in tracking down people from the trip and thought I would say hello.
    Many of us have reconnected through facebook if you're interested. I've posted the group picture here:
    http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=53859&l=3873e&id=668889417
    Hope you're doing well. You have such a beautiful daughter! you can certainly tell she is loved by so many!
    I'm in Huntsville, married, and an associate pastor at Trinity UMC.
    If you're interested, my email is:
    matt.d.reed (at) gmail.com
    I'm sure there are others from the trip who'd like to catch up with you!
    Take care!
    --MATT

    ReplyDelete